- 1 (1 lb) box tri-colored pasta
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 3⁄4 cup pompeian extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup pompeian red wine vinegar (this brand is excellent in this dish)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dressing first and set aside until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Cook pasta according to box directions and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Mix together with pasta and chopped items, except the feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over it all and mix well.
- Add feta cheese to salad shortly before serving, otherwise it gets soggy.
- It will be a guaranteed hit!