Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from my friend Donna. I tweaked to our taste. I do not like "saucy" and this fits to our taste. McCormick Salad Supreme is by the salad dressing at our stores but recipe indicates spice section. It is in a plastic jar container. I only use 3/4 of container. Feel free to add more dressing after refrigeration. Overnight refrigeration not included in time frame.
- 1 lb linguine, dried
- 3 1⁄2 ounces McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning (I only use 3/4)
- 8 ounces Italian dressing
- 1 green pepper, chopped (I use a red pepper)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese (I used 4 ounces package)
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- fresh pepper, to taste (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- Cook Linguini, as directed on package.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Soak in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Mix linguini, seasoning, dressing, tomatoes, pepper, feta cheese, hot sauce (optional - I add a few drops but we like hot food, this should be skipped if you do not like spicy), and pepper (optional).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, I add Parmesan cheese (optional; I add about 1/2 cup), mix again and add more Italian dressing if desired (I add a bit more).
This is a great and easy salad for summer! I didn't use the feta cheese, DD say's she has an allergy to feta (yet to be convinced with that! lol) but instead used shaved parmesan although I didnt add it to the rest of the salad, until the next day just in case it went too soft overnight. but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The family loved it, and I took some leftover's to work, the flavours were even better with the little extra time! The hardest part of this recipe is waiting until the next dat, but it is so well worth the wait! Great recipe happynana, another keeper for summer!