Recipe by Olive*
We love this pasta salad. It is simple and tasty. It is a great salad to take too get-to-gathers, or have on a hot summer's day. You just can't go wrong with anything you decide to put in this recipe. Any combination of the pkg. shredded cheeses can be substituted…… we like the cheese crumbles. Also, you can use pepperoni or turkey sticks instead of beef. It’s just whatever you like…it’s all good. You may need to add a little more or a little less oil & wine vinegar depending on your taste. Also, after I cooked the noodles, I cool them down quickly in a bowl of ice water for a couple of minutes; remove ice cubes and drain noodles in a colander. That isn't necessary to do, but it just helps cool the pasta down more quickly. I'm not sure about how many servings it makes. I think it could be about 10 to 12 servings, depending on what you may call a serving. At our house, it makes about 8 servings, Lol!
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I made this recipe as written. This had a good taste to it but I wasn't a fan of the oregano in it. Next time I would leave it out.
- 24 ounces rainbow tri-color spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups of small cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups kraft crumbles three-cheese blend, Monterey Jack, Colby, & Cheddar (or shredded)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 5 beef snack sticks, sliced (the long thin snack kind)
- 1⁄2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, beef sticks, garlic, salt & pepper, and oregano.
- In a small cup, combine oil & vinegar; pour over macaroni mixture and incorporate.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. When ready to serve, give the pasta salad another stir to mix it up again.