Chef #542525's Note:
Delicious cold gourmet pasta salad. Perfect for a summer meal, this salad has something special - I created it accidentally, and since then, my guests have loved it, and commented on the unique flavors. After cooking the pasta, allow it to drain adequately as not to dilute the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta and cool; set aside.
- 2Sauté chopped onions until tender and lightly browned.
- 3Add sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté together.
- 4Add zucchini, salt and pepper and cook all together until zucchini is tender. Add additional oil if necessary. Add pine nuts.
- 5Mix together with pasta. When well mixed add Dijon mustard and stir well. Add fresh basil leaves, or add as garnish.
- 6Chill for 1 hour minimum.
- 7Add cheese and serve (I have used mozzarella mostly, but other soft cheeses that can be easily cubed or cut into nice sized pieces also works).
- 8*You can substitute the cheese with chicken pieces, or with another vegetable if you're a vegetarian, or need a lactose-free salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.3
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 500.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g