Svenska Kocken's Note:
A cold pasta salad, perfect for picnics (no mayo)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rotini pasta (you can use whatever kind you want, I use the tri-color stuff)
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 diced red pepper (roasted, skin removed)
- 4 ounces ham (buy a "ham steak", perfect size)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (buy a block, dice it)
- 10 quartered cherry tomatoes or 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1Cook the pasta, let it cool (freezer for 1/2 hour is good and quick).
- 2Cube and pan-fry (no oil needed) the ham, when ham is nice and warmed (little brown) add the diced onion -- helps fuse flavors without onion s being too soggy.
- 3Cube the cheddar (same size as the ham).
- 4Mix the broccoli, corn, roasted pepper, ham, cheese and grape tomatoes in a big bowl.
- 5When Pasta is cool, add it to the mix.
- 6Toss the pasta into the other ingredients, mix with olive oil (helps the Parmesan -- next step) stick.
- 7Add the Parmesan cheese, and mix.
- 8Makes 4 big, or 6-8 small portions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 717.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 29.0 g