Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cold pasta salad, perfect for picnics (no mayo)
Make and share this Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta (you can use whatever kind you want, I use the tri-color stuff)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 diced red pepper (roasted, skin removed)
- 4 ounces ham (buy a "ham steak", perfect size)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (buy a block, dice it)
- 10 quartered cherry tomatoes or 10 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 small diced onion
- Cook the pasta, let it cool (freezer for 1/2 hour is good and quick).
- Cube and pan-fry (no oil needed) the ham, when ham is nice and warmed (little brown) add the diced onion -- helps fuse flavors without onion s being too soggy.
- Cube the cheddar (same size as the ham).
- Mix the broccoli, corn, roasted pepper, ham, cheese and grape tomatoes in a big bowl.
- When Pasta is cool, add it to the mix.
- Toss the pasta into the other ingredients, mix with olive oil (helps the Parmesan -- next step) stick.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, and mix.
- Makes 4 big, or 6-8 small portions.