Recipe by Miss Kitty»^..^«
This was my mothers recipe. The dressing is sweet and tangy. Great flavor and not overwhelming. It makes a large batch so it's good to take to potlucks or barbeque parties.
Top Review by Samantha in Ut
A local restaurant does this pasta salad. I have been searching for the dressing recipe. I have done this salad a couple ways with great sucess. I will add kidney beans, carrots, broccoli and purple onion. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on it. I love this recipe and thank you for posting it. :) I never add Accent as we don't eat food with MSG.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 lb vegetable rotini spiral shaped pasta (cooked and drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, oil and spices to make dressing. Combine rotini, olives, carrots, celery and cucumber. Pour dressing over and chill. (Other veggies can be added to your taste. Ideas would include cherry tomatoes, green pepper and onion). This salad keeps well for several days in the fridge.
- Cooking time includes plenty of chilling time in the fridge.