Recipe by diner524
This was a dish that was served at an Italian restaurant that is no longer in business. I am not sure how I got this recipe, but it is great.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour (enough to coat chicken)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄3 cup virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- Heat a large saute pan on high heat. when hot, add bacon, stirring often. When bacon is browned, remove from pan and save some of the fat in the pan.
- Coat the chicken lightly with flour and saute on medium heat in remaining bacon fat until cooked through, add onions and garlic, and cook stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and bacon.
- Drain pasta, but do not rinse. The starch clinging to the pasta will help bind the sauce. Add to the above ingredients. Stir in parmesan and parsley.