1/14 Photos of Pasta Rustica
This was a dish that was served at an Italian restaurant that is no longer in business. I am not sure how I got this recipe, but it is great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup flour (enough to coat chicken)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- 2Heat a large saute pan on high heat. when hot, add bacon, stirring often. When bacon is browned, remove from pan and save some of the fat in the pan.
- 3Coat the chicken lightly with flour and saute on medium heat in remaining bacon fat until cooked through, add onions and garlic, and cook stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and bacon.
- 5Drain pasta, but do not rinse. The starch clinging to the pasta will help bind the sauce. Add to the above ingredients. Stir in parmesan and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Rustica
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.8
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 462.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 37.7 g