Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Easy Past Dinners." The picture of it looks super yummy.
Make and share this Pasta Rosa Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta or 8 ounces penne
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely copped (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups arugula, watercress, and or fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or 2 tablespoons other blue cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions. Drain. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and, if desired crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over medium high heat about 2 minutes or until tomatoes are warm and have release some of their juices. Stir in arugula, watercress, or spinach; heat just until wilted.
- Top pasta with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese.
This was a very good lunch. Made with mini penne, 1/2 the amount of tomatoes, spinach and no red pepper flakes. Topped this with a little more pine nuts and Gorgonzola than what the recipe called for because they are two of my favorite things. Will make this again! Made for Fall 2012 PAC.