This is from "Easy Past Dinners." The picture of it looks super yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ziti pasta or 8 ounces penne
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely copped (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups arugula, watercress, and or fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or 2 tablespoons other blue cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to the directions. Drain. Cover and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and, if desired crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over medium high heat about 2 minutes or until tomatoes are warm and have release some of their juices. Stir in arugula, watercress, or spinach; heat just until wilted.
- 3Top pasta with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Rosa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 655.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g