For company or for family this recipe goes over well - I like it because you can make it in advance and pop it in the oven 30 minutes before serving- Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls. Make it as spicy or as mild as you like - Uses a ready made pasta sauce or your own favorite. Try other sauces beside tomato -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles (or use regular white lasagne noodles)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only washed clean and finely chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce (Use ready made or make your own - Hot or mild it is up to you)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, additional (optional)
- 1Cook Lasagne noodles according to the instructions, drain, separate and lay them out on a cutting board or countertop.
- 2In a skillet saute the onions& Leeks in the tbsp of oil until onions are transparent, remove from heat, allow to cool.
- 3Mix the Feta& Ricotta cheese with the beaten egg, add onions& leeks (make sure they have cooled befor adding).
- 4Pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- 5Divide the cheese/onion mixture evenly between the noodles.
- 6Spread the mixture to cover each noodle and roll up the noodle.
- 7Place rolled noodles seam side down in the baking dish.
- 8Top the rolled noodles with the remaining sauce and bake in a 350 Oven for 30 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle some feta cheese on top before serving (Optional).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Roll-ups (Ricotta & Feta cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.0
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 243.1 mg
- Sodium 2292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles