Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For company or for family this recipe goes over well - I like it because you can make it in advance and pop it in the oven 30 minutes before serving- Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls. Make it as spicy or as mild as you like - Uses a ready made pasta sauce or your own favorite. Try other sauces beside tomato -
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles (or use regular white lasagne noodles)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only washed clean and finely chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce (Use ready made or make your own - Hot or mild it is up to you)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, additional (optional)
- Cook Lasagne noodles according to the instructions, drain, separate and lay them out on a cutting board or countertop.
- In a skillet saute the onions& Leeks in the tbsp of oil until onions are transparent, remove from heat, allow to cool.
- Mix the Feta& Ricotta cheese with the beaten egg, add onions& leeks (make sure they have cooled befor adding).
- Pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Divide the cheese/onion mixture evenly between the noodles.
- Spread the mixture to cover each noodle and roll up the noodle.
- Place rolled noodles seam side down in the baking dish.
- Top the rolled noodles with the remaining sauce and bake in a 350 Oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some feta cheese on top before serving (Optional).