Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those great pasta recipes that are ready to serve in the time it takes for the pasta to cook. If you like, stir in a slosh of double cream just before serving.
- 300 g ribbon pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200 g thick cut smoked ham
- 150 g frozen peas, thawed
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Cut the smoked ham into strips about 5mm wide and 3 cm long. Add to the pan and cook for 1 minute then add the peas and liquid and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with a little salt and plenty black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the pea mixture and the mint and toss together. Divide between boils and pass around the parmesan.