Recipe by Denise in NH
While sauce is simmering and pasta is boiling you can sit back and drink the remaining wine!
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup merlot or 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti, linguine or 1 (16 ounce) box angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon until cris in a large frying pan; add ground beef, onion, celery and carrot.
- Brown meat breaking it up as it cooks; drain fat.
- Stir in chicken livers, catsup, bouillon cubes, water, wine, salt and nutmeg, crushing cubes with a spoon; cover.
- Simmer, stirring several times for 30 minutes.
- Blend in cream slowly; heat just until bubbly.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta; drain.
- Pour sauce over and toss lightly to mix.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.