Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one from Rick Stein (lovin Rick Stein) and the BBC
Make and share this Pasta Puttanesca recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb tomatoes, vined ripened (plum or Cherry)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves, shredded thinly
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 ounces capers
- 4 ounces black olives, pitted
- 4 ounces anchovies packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 3.4 litre/6 pint water and 2 tbsp salt to the boil for the pasta.
- For the sauce, squeeze the tomatoes into the sink to get rid of most of the juice, then cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a pan with the garlic, rosemary and sage and cook gently for about 1 minute without browning.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies, oregano and some black pepper and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pan of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and tip it into a large warmed serving bowl. Pour over the sauce, add the chopped parsley and toss together well. Serve straight away, with plenty of red wine.