Gardening Girl's Note:
Another one from Rick Stein (lovin Rick Stein) and the BBC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tomato, vined ripened (plum or Cherry)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves, shredded thinly
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 ounces capers
- 4 ounces black olives, pitted
- 4 ounces anchovies packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Bring 3.4 litre/6 pint water and 2 tbsp salt to the boil for the pasta.
- 2For the sauce, squeeze the tomatoes into the sink to get rid of most of the juice, then cut each one in half.
- 3Heat the oil in a pan with the garlic, rosemary and sage and cook gently for about 1 minute without browning.
- 4Add the chilli, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies, oregano and some black pepper and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pan of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- 6Drain and tip it into a large warmed serving bowl. Pour over the sauce, add the chopped parsley and toss together well. Serve straight away, with plenty of red wine.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 1508.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: