Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one from Rick Stein (lovin Rick Stein) and the BBC
Make and share this Pasta Puttanesca recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb tomatoes, vined ripened (plum or Cherry)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves, shredded thinly
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 ounces capers
- 4 ounces black olives, pitted
- 4 ounces anchovies packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 3.4 litre/6 pint water and 2 tbsp salt to the boil for the pasta.
- For the sauce, squeeze the tomatoes into the sink to get rid of most of the juice, then cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a pan with the garlic, rosemary and sage and cook gently for about 1 minute without browning.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies, oregano and some black pepper and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pan of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and tip it into a large warmed serving bowl. Pour over the sauce, add the chopped parsley and toss together well. Serve straight away, with plenty of red wine.