1/4 Photos of Pasta Puttanesca
Julie B's Hive's Note:
I know, I know, lots like this posted here but this one's thick and chunky with bold flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fusilli or 1 lb penne or 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 anchovies
- 1 tablespoon anchovy oil (from the anchovy tin)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1In a large pot, bring 1 gallon water to a boil over high heat. When water boils, sprinkle in 4 tsp salt and add pasta. Stir well and cook about 12 minutes or until just tender, al dente.
- 2As soon as you put water on to boil, start sauce. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, being careful not to burn. Add onion, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and oregano and stir, cooking for 5 minutes. Add anchovies and anchovy oil, raise the heat to medium high and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring and mashing up the anchovies.
- 3add tomeatoes, using your hands to crush them up a bit, and add all the juice. Add bay leaf and red pepper flakes and simmer 5 minutes. Add olives and capers and simmer andother 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 4Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Toss with warm puttanesca sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 1032.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 19.6 g