1/1 Photo of Pasta Puttanesca
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns around the pan
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can flat anchovy fillet, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 oil-cured black olives, cracked away from pit and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, cracked
- 1 (32 ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- a few grinds black pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls,chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked to al dente (with a bite)
- crusty bread, for mopping
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or romano cheese, for passing,optional
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, garlic, anchovies, and crushed pepper.
- 2Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes: your kitchen never smelled so good!
- 3Add olives, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, and parsley.
- 4Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Toss sauce with cooked pasta.
- 6Pass bread and cheese at the table and serve with a simple salad of mixed bitter greens dressed with oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- 7Cook's Note: Get your olives from the bulk bins in the market, rather than buying a jar.
- 8The unit price is always much less per pound and you can get just what you need for each recipe.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (2030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2429.6
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 4154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 414.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.9 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 86.4 g