Recipe by Midwest Maven
Spicy, yummy, quick tomato sauce you can impress somebody with, perfect for a romantic dinner. It's spicy and bold like the Italian ladies of the night, where it gets its name from:)
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped and drained- (save liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese or grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until slightly soft.
- Add the drained tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovies, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, adding reserved tomato liquid if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese if desired. Garlic bread and some good red wine go great with this too!