Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
An extremely yummy pasta sauce. You can throw it on some spaghetti, ziti, or even mix a little bit with cottage cheese and have a cheesy puta sauce for pasta or lasagna.
- Sauté capers, pepper flakes, garlic powder, diced garlic, salt, half of the basil leaves, and oil in the pot.
- Squish or roughly chop tomatoes, then add tomatoes (with juice) and water to the pot, stir.
- Add lime juice, capers, and olives to the sauce.
- Let simmer covered for 20-40 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Add extra salt and pepper flakes to taste. Add the rest of the basil leaves right before serving.