Recipe by WhitneysWonders
An extremely yummy pasta sauce. You can throw it on some spaghetti, ziti, or even mix a little bit with cottage cheese and have a cheesy puta sauce for pasta or lasagna.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers (rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 6 -8 leaves fresh sweet basil, ripped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté capers, pepper flakes, garlic powder, diced garlic, salt, half of the basil leaves, and oil in the pot.
- Squish or roughly chop tomatoes, then add tomatoes (with juice) and water to the pot, stir.
- Add lime juice, capers, and olives to the sauce.
- Let simmer covered for 20-40 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Add extra salt and pepper flakes to taste. Add the rest of the basil leaves right before serving.