From Vegetarian Express. A quick and easy version.
Make and share this Pasta Puttanesca recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, lightly drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese (for topping) or vegan parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, Add the wine, olive oil, shallot, and garlic to a medium skillet.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes (chopped and crushed) olives, and oregano; cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- When the linguine is done, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl; top with olive sauce and fresh ground pepper.
- Toss to combine (adjust seasoning to taste).
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese.