1/1 Photo of Pasta Puttanesca
From Vegetarian Express. A quick and easy version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, lightly drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olive, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese (for topping) or vegan parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 1Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, Add the wine, olive oil, shallot, and garlic to a medium skillet.
- 3Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add in the tomatoes (chopped and crushed) olives, and oregano; cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- 5When the linguine is done, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl; top with olive sauce and fresh ground pepper.
- 6Toss to combine (adjust seasoning to taste).
- 7Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives