Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I suppose you could consider this a variation on the carbonara theme. The eggs cook just slightly by being mixed with the hot pasta. This is zesty and colorful, with the red of the tomatoes and the green of the parsley. If you don't have the sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sub extra virgin olive oil for the oil, and soak your pumate in hot water first if needed to plump them up.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (reserve 2 Tablespoons of the oil)
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces pasta, of your choice
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in a bowl and mix well.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- IMMEDIATELY after draining, combine with the sauce and toss thoroughly.
- The pasta sauce cooks slightly from the heat of the cooked pasta.