Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to put together and pretty tasty. Recipe is from Sunset.
- 1389.12 g canlow-sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml dried orzo pasta
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf, cut into thin slivers
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 85.04 g thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin slivers
- 236.59 ml frozen petite peas
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring broth, wine, and pasta to a boil, then simmer until pasta is tender to bite, about 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir prosciutto with butter until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir peas and basil into soup and heat until peas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese to taste.