Serve with a tossed salad, Italian bread and supper is ready!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 12 thin asparagus spears, stems trimmed,stalks thinly sliced into rounds,tips left whole
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 7 minutes.
- 2Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes.
- 3Add bell pepper.
- 4Boil until pasta and asparagus are just tender but still firm to bite and bell pepper strips are slightly softened, about 30 seconds longer.
- 5Drain well.
- 6Meanwhile, stir ham in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add cream.
- 8chicken broth and mustard and boil sauce 2 minutes, stirring up and browned bits.
- 9Add pasta mixture to skillet.
- 10Toss until sauce coats pasta mixture, about 2 minutes.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Primavera with Smoky Ham
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.8
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 211.9 mg
- Sodium 1756.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 37.6 g