Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with a tossed salad, Italian bread and supper is ready!
Make and share this Pasta Primavera with Smoky Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 12 thin asparagus spears, stems trimmed,stalks thinly sliced into rounds,tips left whole
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 7 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper.
- Boil until pasta and asparagus are just tender but still firm to bite and bell pepper strips are slightly softened, about 30 seconds longer.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, stir ham in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream.
- chicken broth and mustard and boil sauce 2 minutes, stirring up and browned bits.
- Add pasta mixture to skillet.
- Toss until sauce coats pasta mixture, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I have made this several times. It is awesome. The flavors are great... don't omit the red pepper. We now have a ham just so we can make this with the leftovers. I used broccoli florets instead of asparagus and half and half instead of the cream.
We really enjoyed this! I didn't have bow ties so used macaroni noodles. My kids gobbled it up!
This is wonderful, my DH really enjoyed it, I added in some Parmesan cheese, and also used brocolli florets in place of asparagus, thanks for sharing Bev!...Kitten:)