Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is a recipe that I got out of Cooking Light magazine. Yummy creammy sauce. It is lighter than you would think. Prep and cooking are approximent.
Top Review by Queen of Harts
This turned out awesome! I used fresh carrots and frozen snap peas, and a mix of spinach and arugula that I had leftover from a salad. Next time I'm going for 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, since I love it! Thanks for sharing, I'll be making this again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots, trimmed (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 3 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta or 3 cups penne pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Add carrots and sugar snap peas; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions,omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; saute 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in cream and juice; cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta and cheese; stirwell to coat.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil and remaining ingredients.