Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I got out of Cooking Light magazine. Yummy creammy sauce. It is lighter than you would think. Prep and cooking are approximent.
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots, trimmed (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 3 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta or 3 cups penne pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Add carrots and sugar snap peas; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions,omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; saute 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in cream and juice; cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta and cheese; stirwell to coat.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil and remaining ingredients.