Chef #1802571016's Note:
This dish is healthy and full of flavor! I keep everything organic and fresh!I crave a hearty noodle dish from time to time, but hate all the refined carbs and loaded calories. For a vegan twist, omit the cream and use vegan cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh herb (such as parsley, basil, and oregano)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut length wise into 1/4 inch portions (roughly 8 pieces)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine, of choice (I use a quinoa blend)
- 1Start by cooking pasta per package directions and set aside to drain and cool. Add EVOO to pasta if you like to keep it from getting sticky.
- 2In a large 3-4 qt pan, heat EVOO to medium heat and sauté onions, red pepper and garlic together until soft.
- 3Add crushed tomatoes, then carrots and kale.
- 4Stir and let it come to a slow boil, then turn the heat down to medium low for about 30 minutes.
- 5Start on the zucchini. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Coat each side of the zucchini with breadcrumb mixture and place on a oven proof dish. Use an oil spray on dish to keep it from sticking. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 7Add fresh herbs to red sauce, and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- 8Finish primavera sauce with cream and add salt to taste.
- 9Toss pasta with red sauce to coat. Top each serving with 2 pieces of baked zucchini and grated parmesean cheese and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Primavera With Kale, Zucchini, and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 519.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: