1/1 Photo of Pasta Primavera With Chicken and Asparagus
Columbus Foodie's Note:
This Cooking Light recipe is a wonderful use for the pencil-thin late spring asparagus you find in farmer's markets in May and June. It tastes very fresh and all the ingredients come together beautifully. It has 10 WW points per serving as shown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a stock pot.
- 2Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 3Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 4Cut the chicken crosswise into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- 5Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add chicken; saute 5 minutes.
- 7Add asparagus, peas, salt, pepper, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 9Stir in cream and juice; cook 1 minute.
- 10Add pasta and cheese; stir well to coat.
- 11Remove from heat; stir in basil, green onions, and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Primavera With Chicken and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 755.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g