Recipe by Lene
L love this no nonsense sauce, whether it's spooned over plain pasta or simple grilled chicken. I always make mine with full flavoured vine ripened tomatoes for the best result.
Top Review by Michelle Minicucci
I enjoyed this dish! I sauteed instead of boiling. I used sweet yellow tomatoes and threw in a couple cups of cooked sausage. Tossed it with some parmesan and DH and I really scarfed it up! Thanks!
- 450 g vine rippened cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 350 g rigatoni pasta
- 175 g small broccoli florets
- 150 g fine green beans, trimmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes, sugar, onion, garlic, rosemary and stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni in a large pan of slightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Add the broccoli and green beans 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the rigatoni and vegetables and toss with the cherry tomato sauce. Season to taste and serve immediately.