Recipe by sofie-a-toast
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is somehow light and healthy tasting while still satisfying the part of me that wants something rich and creamy. I use tomatos, broccoli and peas (my favorite veggies) but I'm sure it would be just as successful with other spring-time vegetables!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Easily prepared and much enjoyed! I used tri-coloured rotini, and I enjoyed the veggies in this.I loved the gorgonzola, could happily have used more. The caramelised onions are a great idea, I could also have happily upped the onions, or even used whole tiny pearl onions. Lovely recipe that I will make again, thank you, Sofie!!! Made for WFD tag game, Food Friends and Fun
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, seperated
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces pasta
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a wok or very large pan, saute the onion with garlic, olive oil, 1T balsamic, sugar and lots of pepper on med-low for 15min or until caramelized.
- meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- add the broccoli to the onions and a few tablespoons of the pasta water.
- cook until the broccoli is a few minutes from done, adding more water as it boils away.
- add peas and tomato and cook for 3 more minutes.
- add the pasta, another 3 TB water and cheese.
- sprinkle with remaining balsamic, toss and serve.