This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is somehow light and healthy tasting while still satisfying the part of me that wants something rich and creamy. I use tomatos, broccoli and peas (my favorite veggies) but I'm sure it would be just as successful with other spring-time vegetables!
- in a wok or very large pan, saute the onion with garlic, olive oil, 1T balsamic, sugar and lots of pepper on med-low for 15min or until caramelized.
- meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- add the broccoli to the onions and a few tablespoons of the pasta water.
- cook until the broccoli is a few minutes from done, adding more water as it boils away.
- add peas and tomato and cook for 3 more minutes.
- add the pasta, another 3 TB water and cheese.
- sprinkle with remaining balsamic, toss and serve.