1/3 Photos of Pasta Primavera Verde
Fresh, light and tasty describes this Italian style linguine and fresh veggies dish! You can vary the ingredients according to what's in season. Our favorite is with seasonal fresh asparagus, and the addition of pesto and clams. Very nice with a glass of dry white wine and a crusty loaf of Italian bread or sourdough. Adapted from Julee Rosso's "Fresh Start" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb dried italian linguine (can use fresh pasta or spinach linguine)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar snap pea, stems removed (or snow peas)
- 1/4 lb asparagus, split lengthwise and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion, green part only (or green onions)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- snipped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish)
- toasted pine nuts (for garnish)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and beans in a steaming basket set over 1 quart of simmering water for 4 to 6 minutes.
- 3Remove the broccoli and beans and set aside.
- 4Add the peas and asparagus to the steaming basket and steam for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside with the other vegetables. Reserve the steaming broth.
- 5Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the vegetables, dill, garlic, scallions or green onions, pepper flakes, oil and 1/2 to 3/4 cup reserved steaming broth (omit broth if using pesto), and heat over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to coat thoroughly. Add pesto and baby clams, if desired.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with snipped fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts, and grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Primavera Verde
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g