Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my old standby primavera that I've been making for years. I think the key is the fresh vegetables (don't use frozen). This dish is quick, easy and looks great!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb other pastas, cooked & drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute broccoli, zucchini, red pepper and snow peas in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add half& half and black pepper.
- Cook on medium heat briefly (2 to 4 minutes) until cream is slightly reduced.
- Toss with pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
Wonderful! I made this pretty much as directed, but added cauliflower, bell pepper, squash and mushrooms. Couldn't find any fresh snow peas but will add them next time. Thanks JCMMartha for a nice keeper. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
Yum. I used julienned carrots and red pepper, plus the snow peas, and also added some cubed sauteed chicken. Since I didn't have any cream, I just used whole milk and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch (and used 1 cup mozzarella instead of Parmesan). Following other reviews, I added garlic salt, basil, and oregano. I loved the technique of doing everything in one pan; all the flavors melded beautifully. This tasted fantastic, my boyfriend raved about it, and I'll definitely use this recipe again!! I'd like to try the broccoli and zucchini next time.
This was great, simple and healthy (I used light cream). I will add more seasonings next time like garlic and seasoned salt to the veggies.