Recipe by Terese
This dish is deliciously light and easy to prepare. Bucatini pasta a tubular pasta similar to spaghetti, but you could use any type of pasta.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 cup peeled broad bean
- 1 cup peas
- 350 g bucatini pasta or 350 g other preferred pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 zucchini, halved and chopped
- 1⁄2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add asparagus and broad beans and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas and cook a further minute.
- Remove using a slotted spoon and plunge into cold water.
- Add pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- Heat olive oil a frying pan.
- Add garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes and lemon zest and cook until slightly softened.
- Add wine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour cream and add the asparagus, beans, peas and drained pasta.
- Cook until warmed through.
- Stir through basil and serve sprinkled with parmesan.