Recipe by breezermom
This is a recipe given to me by my best friend in high school's mom, who was Italian.
Top Review by Annacia
This was a delicious dinner last evening. What a welcome break from all of the meat meals that we have been having recently. Our local store doesn't carry Roma's but a regular tomato worked well enough. Mushrooms were added as I had some in the fridge that were needing to be used and this was very good with them added. Yummy :D
- 2 carrots, medium, scraped and cut into thin strips
- 236.59 ml broccoli floret
- 118.29 ml frozen English peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh asparagus tips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 340.19 g package linguine or 340.19 g package fettuccine pasta
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 36.97 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water on to boil for pasta -- add a tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Once the water reaches a boil, add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute. Add broccoli and peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute peppers in 3 tbsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus tips and zucchin, and saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; add reserved carrot mixture and tomato. Set aside.
- Drain pasta. Place in a serving dish. Add vegetable mixture, parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.