1/4 Photos of Pasta Primavera
This is a recipe given to me by my best friend in high school's mom, who was Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 carrots, medium, scraped and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus tips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine or 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1Place water on to boil for pasta -- add a tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Once the water reaches a boil, add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, cook carrot in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute. Add broccoli and peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3Saute peppers in 3 tbsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus tips and zucchin, and saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; add reserved carrot mixture and tomato. Set aside.
- 4Drain pasta. Place in a serving dish. Add vegetable mixture, parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 410.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g