Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my best friend in high school's mom, who was Italian.
- 2 carrots, medium, scraped and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup frozen English peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus tips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine or 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- Place water on to boil for pasta -- add a tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Once the water reaches a boil, add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute. Add broccoli and peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute peppers in 3 tbsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus tips and zucchin, and saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; add reserved carrot mixture and tomato. Set aside.
- Drain pasta. Place in a serving dish. Add vegetable mixture, parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
This was a delicious dinner last evening. What a welcome break from all of the meat meals that we have been having recently. Our local store doesn't carry Roma's but a regular tomato worked well enough. Mushrooms were added as I had some in the fridge that were needing to be used and this was very good with them added. Yummy :D
A great one-dish meal! We loved the variety of veggies in this - lots of color and crunch. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
So good! I love this type of dish and could eat this over and over again. I had a little bit of yellow squash left in the refrigerator, so added that in with the zucchini mixture. The next day I added some red pepper flakes and some sliced mushrooms and loved it too. Thanks breezermom for a great keeper. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.