Recipe by breezermom
This is a recipe given to me by my best friend in high school's mom, who was Italian.
Top Review by Annacia
This was a delicious dinner last evening. What a welcome break from all of the meat meals that we have been having recently. Our local store doesn't carry Roma's but a regular tomato worked well enough. Mushrooms were added as I had some in the fridge that were needing to be used and this was very good with them added. Yummy :D
- 2 carrots, medium, scraped and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup frozen English peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus tips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine or 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water on to boil for pasta -- add a tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Once the water reaches a boil, add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute. Add broccoli and peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute peppers in 3 tbsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus tips and zucchin, and saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; add reserved carrot mixture and tomato. Set aside.
- Drain pasta. Place in a serving dish. Add vegetable mixture, parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Toss gently.