Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whole wheat pasta with lots of veggies and a low fat sauce... doesn't get any better than this.
Make and share this Pasta Primavera recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 4 -5 kalamata olives, chopped (I also added a 1/2 tsp of the olive oil from the jar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil (or more... I like more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces lite silken firm tofu
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- parmesan cheese
- Boil noodles according to package directions in salty water.
- Saute garlic, tomatoes and bell pepper in olive oil over medium-high heat until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine tofu, milk, lemon juice and wine in food processor until smooth.
- Lower heat to medium and add zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, artichokes, olives, basil and salt and continue to saute another 3 minutes.
- Add tofu sauce to vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Toss pasta with vegetables and add enough pasta water to coat the pasta (you may not need the whole 1/2 cup.).
- Sprinkle with parsley and top each serving with parmesan cheese, if desired.