Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, fresh take on pasta. All you need is a handful of assorted vegetables, garlic, pasta, some cheese, salt and pepper and you're in business. With a side salad and bread, this makes quite a tasty dinner.
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup spinach
- 1⁄8 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta in the water with salt and 1 Tbs. of oil until al dente.
- Meanwhile, sauté the vegetables with 1 Tbs. olive oil and 1/8 teaspoons each of salt and pepper. Cook the veggies until the mushrooms have become colored and the spinach has wilted.
- NOTE: Be sure to add the garlic near the end of the cook time because you don't want it to burn!
- When the pasta is just about al dente, take it directly from the pot of boiling water using a pasta fork or tongs and drop it into the sautéed veggies.
- With the heat on medium-low, sprinkle on the cheese and little by little, pour in about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of the water that the pasta was cooked in until the sauce thickens. Serve, sprinkled with additional cheese and parsley if desired.