Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this for my Mum one night when she wasn't feeling up to cooking supper. She enjoyed it so much that it's become a favorite! The prep time is using frozen veggies.
- 1 (315 g) box whole wheat pasta
- water, for cooking pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli, green beans, corn, peas, carrots, mushrooms, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- salt and pepper
- In large pot, bring water to a boil. Pour in pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and add the vegetables. Cook through.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, and then add the butter and parmesan cheese. Stir together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to the veggies in skillet. Mix. Serve with extra parmesan cheese on top. Yummy!
Made this last night for dinner to go with Pacific Tuna Cakes#359088 and it made for an easy and filling meal. I made as directed and added a little more parmesan and roasted garlic (had some I had made) and YUMMO! Will made this again. Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
I was surprised by how much flavor this had. The ingredients are simple, but come together very well. I just wish my kids would let me put in more veggies besides just peas and carrots.
Thank you for sharing this easy, yummy dish. I love how quick it was to prepare yet it looked beautiful on the plate and tasted as good as anything you would have at Olive Garden. My family enjoyed the slightly buttery noodles with cheese and loads of veggies. I did use frozen veggies and whole grain wheat (organic) pasta which made the meal very nutritious too. Recommended!