Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Roasting the veggies makes this unique from any other Primavera. This is truly TO DIE FOR! My take on a Giada de Laurentiis dish. I've tweaked it quite a bit. I have also tossed about 2 cups of rotisserie chicken in with the veggies and also used tortellini instead of the bowtie pasta. (I also add mushrooms when DH isn't home!) Anyway, it's a very easy recipe to play around with! Enjoy!
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked and drained, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water (bowties)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces (matchsticks)
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces (matchisticks)
- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (matchsticks)
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- On 1 cookie sheet toss all the veggies in olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper until well coated. Transfer half veggies onto another cookie sheet. Spread veggies into an even layer on both pans.
- Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with butter. Then add veggies to the pasta. Use reserved pasta water to combine ingredients if necessary (sometimes I just don't need to add it -- ).
- Sprinkle with parm cheese, adding more salt and pepper to taste if need!
This is one of those dishes that deserves more than 5 stars! It was absolutely delicious You can add virtually anything to this dish. I definitely reccommend this. Thanks KPD!
Loved this with the roasted veggies. Topped with garlic, parsley and fresh basil. YUM
So yummy! And easy! You can play with whatever vegi's you have and it turns out great. Thanks for the great recipe KPD...