Recipe by Sage
A low-fat sauce as popular as ever. Any vegetable or herb can be substituted for those called for in the recipe.This is the type of recipe where you can be creative.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over Medium heat; add onions and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pepper and cauliflower; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to coat vegetables. Stir in milk, chicken broth, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer about 15 minutes until mixture is slightly thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add roasted red pepper.
- Cook pasta, drain and add to sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Top with basil.
- “Shakin” Easy Blend flour by Robin Hood makes thickening sauces easy.