Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best pasta recipe I've seen for a long time. It was taken and slightly adapted from a smoked salmon package I recieved. I omitted the salmon, and made it only with the vegetables... It went SO good. You may add salmon pieces if you like, though...
- 500 g pasta (I recommend Macaroni for this specific recipe)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into stripes)
- 1 red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 big carrot (cut into stripes)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (cut)
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Be sure to cut all vegetables before moving to the next steps.
- Prepare pasta until el dante (use instruction on package).
- In the meantime, melt butter in a big heavy saucepan.
- Add cream and boil.
- Simmer until it slightly thickens.
- Add parmesan and continue simmering for 2 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and black pepper.
- Leave it on very small heat (stirring it every once in a while).
- In a big skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic, carrot and pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes (stirring it every once in a while).
- Add mushrooms and snow peas and stir for about 3-4 additional minutes.
- When pasta is ready, put it inside the the saucepan with the cream sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Add all vegetable and stir again.
- Serve in your favorite serving dish and enjoy!
made this for my first try at pasta primavera, it was amazing! I was freaking out when the cream didn't thicken, but as soon as you add the pasta PRESTO! it thickens. whew, i thought we might have to order in pizza..... :P
You made me look good!!! I made this recipe for a group of over 100 with rave reviews. Great job. I added broccoli and left out mushrooms but any kind of veggies would do. It was wonderful. Thank you
Thank you for this delicious recipe! It was so easy and soooooo good!! I made this for my husband who normally won't eat cream sauces or mushrooms, but even he loved this!! It was so fast to prepare also... total of 20min start to finish!!