Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great Aussie style meal, especially if you catch the prawns yourself. Penne pasta works best with this dish, although you can use whatever pasta you had in stock. This dish is just so easy to make and tastes divinely decadent. You will note there is a use for a small amount of champagne in this recipe, this will leave plenty of champagne left over for you to enjoy with your meal, although I have an Aussie mate who substitutes beer for the champers.
- Peel and devein prawns.
- Grill or pan fry them in a little olive oil, do not overcook, or buy pre cooked prawns to make it even easier.
- Put aside.
- Prepare pasta as per instructions on pack.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan over a low heat.
- Sprinkle with a little champagne then stir in prawns.
- Stir in a liberal amount of cream and a healthy amount of sweet chilli sauce to taste.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of chives over, do not overheat cream as it may curdle.
- NOTE: You can substitute a prepared spaghetti style sauce (e. g. Paul Newmans) instead of the cream and sweet chilli, for a more traditional Italian style pasta dish (Use Chianti instead of champagne).