1/1 Photo of Pasta, Prawn(Shrimp), Apple Salad- Mayo Free!
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from Step-by-step cookery series " Salads and Summer dishes" and is a mayo-free recipe that appeals to me as I try and eat a little healthier. Cooking time included chilling time. ZWT REGION: Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g pasta shells (6 oz)
- 150 ml unsweetened apple juice (1/4 pint)
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 225 g cooked large shelled prawns (8 oz) or 225 g large shelled cooked shrimp (8 oz)
- 225 g crisp red apples (8 oz)
- lettuce leaf
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1Boil pasta for 10-15 minutes in salted water, until it is just cooked though ("al dente") Drain off the cooking water and rinse in cold running water.
- 2Mix together apple juice, mint, vinegar, salt, pepper.
- 3Dry the prawns in paper towels, peel, core and dice the apples and add them and the dressing to the cooked pasta. Mix well, cover tightly and refridgerate for 2 hours.
- 4Wash lettuce leaves and slice finely, line the serving dish/dishes with lettuce and then spoon the salad mixture on top. Dust salad mixture with paprika.
- 5Serve as a large main dish or as individual portions as prefered.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta, Prawn(Shrimp), Apple Salad- Mayo Free!
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 49.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar