Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love pasta! For a quick meateaters main dish, just add leftover chopped cooked chicken or beef. This is so good! Cook time doesn't include time for cooking pasta.
- 4 ounces penne or 4 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped,diagonally sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved,sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled and grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil and 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil around top of a preheated wok, coating sides; heat at high 1 minute.
- Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini, garlic, ginger, and dry crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cooked pasta, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
This pasta dish is an example of a wonderful use of interesting seasonings. I particularly loved the ginger and red pepper flakes. Yes, I have to say it--easy as 123 (ha-ha). Couldn't resist. Thanks Sharon, for this dazzling meatless entree.
I debated whether to rate it or not, since I changed it quite a bit, but my DH and I both thought it was great. I didn't have sesame oil, so I shook in some sesame seeds. I forgot the ginger and didn't add the (hot) pepper bcz of kids. I added some broccoli and cabbage and didn't use the Parmesan cheese. I made some Polish sausage to go alongside of it and the meal was wonderful! Most of my kids ate it without complaining (that's a good thing around here!:) I think adding the 1 1/2 T sesame oil would have been overkill for us. So next time, I'll use the 1 tsp but not the 1 1/2 Tbs.
Thanks Sharon for another wonderful vegetarian meal. Made this along side of your VaVoon Veggie Burgers recipe #38532 along with some garlic bread and steamed green beans. What a meal! The only changes I made to this recipe was to leave off the cilantro, and use homemade breadcrumbs.