Recipe by Sharon123
I love pasta! For a quick meateaters main dish, just add leftover chopped cooked chicken or beef. This is so good! Cook time doesn't include time for cooking pasta.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This pasta dish is an example of a wonderful use of interesting seasonings. I particularly loved the ginger and red pepper flakes. Yes, I have to say it--easy as 123 (ha-ha). Couldn't resist. Thanks Sharon, for this dazzling meatless entree.
- 4 ounces penne or 4 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped,diagonally sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved,sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled and grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil and 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil around top of a preheated wok, coating sides; heat at high 1 minute.
- Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini, garlic, ginger, and dry crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cooked pasta, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cilantro.