Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
I saw Michael Chiarello prepare this on his show and I had to have the recipe. My cherry tomato plants are PLUM FULL and I will need all the cherry tomato recipes I can find. This one has been added to the list.
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1⁄4 cup sliced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stems removed and crushed between your thumb and forefinger
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into 2-3 pieces
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and stir.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until the slivers are golden brown and crisp, then add the red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 sec.
- Raise the heat to high and add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are softened and the juices thicken, about 3 minute.
- Add the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is al ednte, scoop out about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the warm pot off the heat.
- Add the sauce and mix well. Add some of the reserved cooking water if the pasta seems dry.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and grate Parmesan over the top. Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately.