Recipe by Cookie16
This recipe came from my Mom. When my daughter was born she came to help out, armed with easy recipes which have become family classics. Use the jarred (or the deli) kalamata olives for this, don't skimp and use canned black olives. Sometimes I can not find the diced tomatoes with 3 cheeses. I sub. with plain diced tomatoes and a bit more parm. cheese.
- 3⁄4 lb penne (more or less) or 3⁄4 lb ziti pasta (more or less)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with 3 cheeses
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (less if don't like hot)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta per directions on box. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking mix tomatoes, olives, garlic, anchovies, and oregano in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, combine mozzarella, olive oil, pepper flakes, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to mozzarella mixture. Toss.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 until heated through and cheese is all melty.
- Finish under broiler if you like that browned look.