Recipe by Tebo
This can be made ahead and reheated. Also freezes very well. Nice hardy filling soup for lunch or a dinner starter.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto or 1⁄2 cup other ham, diced
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta, like elbow (3 oz)
- 1 can romano beans, drained and rinced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med heat in oil cook onion, garlic, celery and carrots until soft, about 5 minutes Add stock, tomatoes, ham, pasta, beans and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 min until vegetables and pasta is cooked Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.