Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy dish for the nights you don't want to cook.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 sliced green olives
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, reducing cooking time by 1-2 minutes; drain.
- Spray a 9x13x2 baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Transfer pasta to baking dish and toss with the mixed herbs, tomato sauce and Romano cheese.
- Mix the garlic and hot red pepper flakes with the tomatoes and pour all over top of pasta.
- Layer the remaining ingredients, ending with the mozzarella.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes and serve.