1/4 Photos of Pasta Pie
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it really is yummy and the presentation is fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot cook pasta until slightly underdone (apx 12 minutes). When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
- 3Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 4Toss pasta with parmesan cheese. Butter a 9" springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. I held the pan on it's side and layered that way. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta and try to have the sauce go into center of noodles.
- 5Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold.
- 6Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 853.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g