I found this recipe on Pinterest and it really is yummy and the presentation is fantastic!
Make and share this Pasta Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot cook pasta until slightly underdone (apx 12 minutes). When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with parmesan cheese. Butter a 9" springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. I held the pan on it's side and layered that way. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta and try to have the sauce go into center of noodles.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold.
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have.