Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it really is yummy and the presentation is fantastic!
Make and share this Pasta Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) cangood quality crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot cook pasta until slightly underdone (apx 12 minutes). When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with parmesan cheese. Butter a 9" springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. I held the pan on it's side and layered that way. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta and try to have the sauce go into center of noodles.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold.
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have.
Finally got around to making this and it was not only tasty but oh so much fun and everyone thought I was soooo clever. I did add some fresh herbs to the sauce, basil, oregano and thyme and some fine chopped sweet onions. While the sauce was already good, I felt that these additions added a nice depth of flavors. Other than that I made as directed and was so pleased with the results. This is truly a recipe to impress, served with a side of capresi salad and fresh hot bread. What a great dinner. Can't thank you enough for posting.
Same as Martha Stewart's Rigatoni Cake. Looks really good!