Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very tomatoy Italian pasta dish with lots and lots of flavour! I got it out of a diet book published by one of Germany's most renowned women's magazine. So apart from tasting spectacular its also pretty healthy and good for you. :)
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (colour of your choice)
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 g pasta shells
- 200 g frozen broccoli florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 39.43 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 100 ml water
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary, chopped (or dried if need be)
- salt and pepper
- Cut dried tomatoes into short strips (note: this takes time).
- Dice bell pepper and cut zucchini into slices.
- In a saucepan heat oil. Sautee crushed garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary in it until fragrant. Add water, tomato paste and salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until sauce looks nice to you.
- Meanwhile in a big pot of boiling water cook pasta shells for 4 minutes. Then add bell pepper, zucchini and broccoli. Cook for another 4-6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Drain pasta and veggies.
- Toss with the sauce and add cherry tomatoes to serve. If you like sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
So quick and easy. Oh and tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Very good! So simple to make, fresh on the palate and from the garden used cherry tomatoes, brocolli, zuchinni, and rosemary. I used small shell pasta but this would be great with any type of ribbed pasta as it grabs and holds onto the flavors. I did reduce the olive oil as the dried tomatoes came inan olive oil jar so reduce equal to amount in jar. I doubled the recipe and it came out just right! Made for my mom, step dad, brother, sister, and myself and it was just the right amount. I think I will make this again and double it so I can have leftovers at home with hubby. I also think I would add somew garlic cloves to add some more texture to the dish although great as it I am a garlic lover. Served with a greek salad, fresh bread, and some feta on the side.
Oh this is wonderful. A delicious dish of fresh vegetables mingled with pasta. The sun dried tomatoes add so much depth and flavor. I did use fresh rosemary and diced roma tomatoes in place of the cherry. The vegetables were cooked until crisp tender. This dish is really packed with flavor and something I look forward to making again during the hot summer ahead. Made for Aussie Swap.