Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a very tomatoy Italian pasta dish with lots and lots of flavour! I got it out of a diet book published by one of Germany's most renowned women's magazine. So apart from tasting spectacular its also pretty healthy and good for you. :)
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (colour of your choice)
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 g pasta shells
- 200 g frozen broccoli florets
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 ml water
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or dried if need be)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut dried tomatoes into short strips (note: this takes time).
- Dice bell pepper and cut zucchini into slices.
- In a saucepan heat oil. Sautee crushed garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary in it until fragrant. Add water, tomato paste and salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until sauce looks nice to you.
- Meanwhile in a big pot of boiling water cook pasta shells for 4 minutes. Then add bell pepper, zucchini and broccoli. Cook for another 4-6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Drain pasta and veggies.
- Toss with the sauce and add cherry tomatoes to serve. If you like sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.