1/7 Photos of Pasta Pesto Rosso
This is a very tomatoy Italian pasta dish with lots and lots of flavour! I got it out of a diet book published by one of Germany's most renowned women's magazine. So apart from tasting spectacular its also pretty healthy and good for you. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (colour of your choice)
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 g pasta shells
- 200 g frozen broccoli florets
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 ml water
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or dried if need be)
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut dried tomatoes into short strips (note: this takes time).
- 2Dice bell pepper and cut zucchini into slices.
- 3In a saucepan heat oil. Sautee crushed garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary in it until fragrant. Add water, tomato paste and salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until sauce looks nice to you.
- 4Meanwhile in a big pot of boiling water cook pasta shells for 4 minutes. Then add bell pepper, zucchini and broccoli. Cook for another 4-6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- 5Drain pasta and veggies.
- 6Toss with the sauce and add cherry tomatoes to serve. If you like sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Pesto Rosso
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 690.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 15.6 g