Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This salad can be served hot or cold! Tastes great either way! Have also made this with can corn on really hot day instead of the peas & I don't even heat the corn--I throw it right in right out of the can into the dressing! Great dish!
- 1 cup split peas or 1 cup yellow split peas, rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup lite Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, cubed (any color)
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring peas and 2-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until peas are just tender.
- Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir salad dressing into peas& set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package; drain.
- Toss with peas and add your peppers.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I really like the main ingredients here, especially the split peas! But the dressing was just bland- obviously that would vary by brand if using bottled, but I'm going to look for another dressing for this salad combination.