Recipe by Poker
This salad can be served hot or cold! Tastes great either way! Have also made this with can corn on really hot day instead of the peas & I don't even heat the corn--I throw it right in right out of the can into the dressing! Great dish!
Top Review by J-Lynn
I really like the main ingredients here, especially the split peas! But the dressing was just bland- obviously that would vary by brand if using bottled, but I'm going to look for another dressing for this salad combination.
- 1 cup split peas or 1 cup yellow split peas, rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup lite Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, cubed (any color)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring peas and 2-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until peas are just tender.
- Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir salad dressing into peas& set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package; drain.
- Toss with peas and add your peppers.
- Salt and pepper to taste.