Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you want a really special way to use a fairly small amt of leftover spaghetti sauce, make another meal of it & combine it w/some veggies too ... then this adult & kid pleaser dish is a standout choice & is sure to convince everyone you're a genius! Recipe Source: Nat'l Pasta Assn, altho I've amended it slightly.
- Prepare pasta per pkg directions & drain (I suggest breaking it as you put into the water or cut coarsely w/a knife after fully cooked).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Warm leftover spaghetti sauce in sml pan over low heat.
- Beat eggs, milk & Parmesan cheese in a lrg mixing bowl. Add pasta, peas & corn. Toss till well-blended.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of the oil in a sml non-stick skillet over med heat. Toss pasta mixture again & place 1/4 of the pasta mix into the skillet.
- Flatten to an even layer. Cook about 1 min & then slide spatula around edges to be sure pancake doesn't stick. Cont cooking for about 3 min or till the underside is brown, shaking the pan 1-2 times to prevent sticking. Carefully flip pancake & cook about 3 more minute
- Slide pancake onto a baking sheet & keep warm in the oven while you repeat the process for the remaining pancakes. Do not stack the pancakes.
- When all 4 pancakes are cooked, top ea w/your leftover spaghetti sauce & serve w/more Parmesan cheese as desired.
This was a really neat dish to make. So easy and very good. I chose this Recipe for Pick a Chef '06. For the flavor of this dish, you really have to depend on your sauce. We all agreed it was good. It is everything your description says it is (5 stars for that), but even though it was good, I am just not sure I would be making this again. If I do, it will be to try adding other things into the mix. Everyone should make this at least once to see if it is for them.